Project Renewal’s Next Step Employment Program provides individualized services to veterans, ex-offenders, the homeless, formerly homeless and low-income New Yorkers who may also suffer from substance abuse and/or mental illness. Since 1999, Project Renewal has helped over 4,000 New Yorkers find and retain employment, achieve economic security, lead more fulfilling lives, and positively contribute to their communities.
Our Work with Financial Services
Next Step helps individuals prepare for jobs in financial services by assisting with resume development, conducting mock interviews, helping individuals obtain interview appropriate attire, and providing soft and hard skills training classes to help them obtain and retain employment. We work with individuals directly to develop career pathways and assist them with overcoming any barriers to employment. We also partner with the financial planning Association of New York to assist individuals reentering the workforce on how to budget and Management their hard earned money.
Our comprehensive approach allows us to work individually with each client to remove barriers to employment and prepare them to be successful in today’s labor market.
Our services include:
• Job Readiness Workshops/Soft Skills Training
• Vocational Counseling
• Job Development & Job Placement
• Post-Employment support for at least one year
• Resume Preparation, Job Application Assistance & Mock Interviews
• Budgeting and Money Management Services
- Excellent Job Retention Rates with 94% of employed clients retained their job for one month, 77% retained their jobs for three months, 67% retained jobs for six months, and 59% retained employment for at least one year.
- Specialized job placement support and services for individuals with mental health diagnoses.
- Average starting wage: $12.15 per hour – 25% above New York State’s minimum wage.
- Over 360 job placements in competitive employment each year.
200 Varick St
New York, NY 10014