What it Really Means to Make the World a Better Place
Financial Services is Supporting Communities and the World We Live in
The Financial Services industry has an enormous impact on New York City and surrounding areas. Through charitable donations and taxes paid, the companies that make up the industry contribute millions of dollars each year.
Here are a few examples-
- Financial Services donated $152.7 million to over 8000 charities and non-profits in 2015!
- Financial Services provides over 330,000 jobs in New York City alone. When you add the companies that Financial Services supports, the industry is responsible for 1 million jobs.
- This industry contributes $8 billion in taxes to NYC's annual budget. That means better schools, better roads, and more money for programs to help Veterans to name a few items in the annual budget.
- 12,970 affordable housing units were financed by the industry. That's a total of $6.7 billion in funding for affordable housing!
- Financial Services companies spent $375 million with NYC-based minority and/or women-owned businesses in 2015.
- Financial Services companies loaned $2.4 billion to small businesses in 2015.
*This data was generously provided by The Partnership For New York City.