Junior Insurance Agent
View this job in: Insurance
Are you an outgoing person? Do you enjoy setting goals and meeting them? If so, you might make a great Junior Insurance Agent.
Junior Insurance Agents work in fast-paced environment where they help customers find the right protection they need such as life or auto insurance. You'll identify and contact potential new customers and recommend products and services to them. You'll need to understand all of the different types of insurance your company provides to recommend the right kind to meet customer needs. You'll succeed in this role if you're a self-starter and enjoy the thrill of the hunt and rush of a sale. You'll also want to have strong communication and persuasive skills.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required, but some employers may prefer you have a degree. Almost all employers have internal training programs to help you learn about the company's products, sales techniques, and/or partner you with a more experienced agent. You'll also need to become licensed for the state. Most employers will help you get your license.
- Identify prospective customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Stay current on product offerings and insurance regulations
- Recommend products, such as auto, home, or life insurance and provide quotes
- Counsel and advise customers about different types of coverage to meet customer's needs
- Complete paperwork and process to set up new or updated policies for clients
- Attend industry events and seminars to learn about the products and services you sell
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.