View this job in: Insurance
Are you an expert at solving problems? Do you like helping people? These qualities could help make you a great Claims Analyst.
As a Claims Analyst, your duties might include investigating and making decisions about incoming claims and resolving problems. You'll also answer service requests and inquiries from different types of customers. Your duties may also include debiting or crediting customer's accounts as needed or updating customers about claims that are in process. In this role, you will also research and resolve other general account questions from customers as they come up.
If you're interested in a career as a Claims Analyst, you'll need a high school diploma or equivalent. Excellent customer service skills are also important since you'll be talking with customers on a daily basis.
- Keep the claims process moving to ensure timely resolution
- Resolve fraudulent activities on debit and credit cards and other account types
- Research account activity to judge levels of risk and the type of fraud
- Track claim findings in multiple systems
- Report findings to management team
- Complete inbound and outbound calls to customers for follow up
- Carefully follow established processes and guidelines and research
- Maintain knowledge of current claims processing guidelines, industry standards and client expectations
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.