Call Center Careers
Call Center Careers
Customer Service Representative, Call Center
View this job in: Call Center
Do you enjoy talking on the phone? Do you like having all the right answers to help people? If so, you might be an excellent Customer Service Representative (CSR).
As a CSR, you'll handle customer questions about things like opening accounts, helping with loan applications and credit cards. You'll also work with customer account information and account changes. In addition, you'll help educate customers about self-service options such as online banking. You'll need to be comfortable explaining banking products and services to customers over the phone. You'll respond to questions or complaints from customers and help them resolve their issues. If an issue beyond your training, you'll refer customers to the right person to solve their problem.
To get this job, you'll need a high school diploma or equivalent and top notch customer service skills. Customer Service Representatives have lots of opportunities for advancement into other positions.
- Answer customer inquiries and provide customers with account information
- Perform account transactions including accepting loan applications, opening accounts, and processing transfers, withdrawals and deposits
- Maintain service standards for quality customer service, turnaround time, accuracy and follow up
- Authorize service fee refunds within company guidelines
- Cross sell loan and deposit products and other services to new and existing customers
- Promote use of self-service functions such as online and mobile banking
- Provide input to management on workflow issues, patterns and improvements
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.