Call Center Careers
Call Center Careers
Fraud Support Specialist
View this job in: Call Center
Do you enjoy helping others? Does being an important part of stopping financial fraud sound like a fulfilling career? As a Fraud Support Specialist, you'll identify and investigate fraud and make things right.
You'll research and resolve disputed customer transactions, determining what fraudulent activities have occurred. After your initial investigation and review, you'll decide what actions to take to fix the situation. You may work with the customer to take actions such as placing account holds or issuing new credit cards. As you wrap up each case, you'll provide reports to management on your findings. It's important that Fraud Support Specialists to keep detailed files and document all actions taken.
To get this job, you'll need at least two year's experience in financial services. It's also key to show great customer service skills and appropriate follow-through on your work. You'll need a high school diploma or equivalent, but some employers prefer an Associate's degree.
- Develop a trusting relationship with the customer, while taking action to reduce fraud exposure in its earliest stages
- Investigate unbilled and posted transactions to resolve identity and transaction fraud
- Proficient with computers. Ability to navigate multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and use good, sound judgment in decision making
- Identify credit card behaviors that pose future risk to the customer and the company
- Suggest changes to policies and procedures to supervisor based on day-to-day observations and activities
- Work with various legal and professional organizations and agencies as needed
- Meet or exceed monthly individual and team performance goals
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.