Call Center Careers
Call Center Careers
View this job in: Call Center
Are you a proactive problem solver? Do you have a positive attitude that shines through in any situation? These qualities can help you become a successful Payments Specialist.
In your role as a Payments Specialist, you'll process payments from customers. You'll provide help to customers who have payment questions or problems and explain processing procedures to them. You'll work to identify and resolve problems in transactions and documents. From time to time, you may need to involve a supervisor to help solve a difficult issue. Great customer service skills and a positive attitude are key. You'll make sure the customer on the other end of the phone line feels that his or her concerns are addressed quickly.
You'll need a high school diploma or its equivalent to start your career as a Payments Specialist. Previous experience with customer service or financial services will make your resume stand out. You'll have lots of chances for advancement into other positions.
- Receive and organize payments, post payments in computer system
- Complete daily processing procedures including batch and balancing responsibilities
- Reverse payments and assess insufficient fund fees
- Post extension transactions, waive and reallocate fees
- Document actions in systems with comments and relevant data
- Maintain current knowledge of payment rules and regulations
- Meet monthly individual and team performance goals
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.