View this job in: Auditing
Are you the type of person that always made sure everyone else was following the rules? Do you like working with numbers? If so, you could make a great Auditor.
Auditors make sure that the company manages its finances correctly. You'll also make sure the company follows all rules and regulations. You'll review financial documents and identify possible problems in the way records are being kept. You'll provide suggestions for how to fix the problem. You also have the chance to provide ideas for how the company can improve how it does things. Auditors communicate their findings to managers or departments so solutions may be found.
Auditors need to be detail-oriented and comfortable working in teams. It's also important to have strong written and verbal communication skills. Employers require a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field to land this job. Professional accounting certifications are also preferred.
- Perform audit procedures to make sure the institution is being properly managed
- Analyze records to rule out fraud
- Document work in line with company policies and procedures
- Produce audit reports summarizing findings to minimize risk for the company and improve efficiencies
- Communicate audit findings to all levels of management
- May lead smaller scale audits
- Use computer-assisted auditing tools as needed
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.