Insurance Underwriting Assistant
View this job in: Insurance
Are you looking for a great place to get started in insurance? Are you highly organized? You might be a good fit for an Underwriting Assistant.
You'll learn the ins and outs of insurance as you process insurance policy updates, renewals and new policies. You'll use what you learn to answer questions from customers, Insurance Agents, and Underwriters. You'll order or prepare financial reports and legal notices such as a Notice of Cancellation or a non-renewal notice.
You'll need an Associate's degree or similar work experience to get this job. Experience in customer service may help you get your foot in the door.
- Assist Insurance Agents, Underwriters, and customers with questions about insurance coverage and eligibility
- Enter policy information into appropriate systems for policy updates or new policies
- Maintains file accuracy and completeness
- Prepare new policy and policy renewal paperwork packets
- Performs preliminary risk evaluation and / or loss analysis
- Utilizes computerized systems for research, tracking, information gathering and / or troubleshooting
- May perform other tasks including support, photocopying, imaging, mail, data entry, agent contracting support and / or supply function
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.