Retail Banking Careers
Retail Banking Careers
View this job in: Retail & Personal
Do you like to be the "go-to" person and help others develop and grow? Do you enjoy working with customers? If so, you may be a great fit for a Lead Teller.
Lead Tellers spend a lot of their time working with customers. You'll process customer transactions, suggest products or services that help customers meet their financial goals, and educate customers about self-service banking options like online banking. Another large part of a Lead Teller's job is to supervise the Tellers in the branch. You'll be available to answer questions, assist Tellers with complex transactions, and help handle customer complaints. At the end of the day, you will make sure the Tellers' cash drawers balance. You may also help with scheduling or training new Tellers.
Lead Tellers are often promoted from a Teller after at least one year of experience working in the branch. You'll thrive in this role if you enjoy working with the public, coaching others, and working in a fast-paced setting. You'll also need good basic math skills. A college degree is preferred and could be helpful in getting this great job.
- Process and assist customers with transactions
- Identify banking opportunities during customer interactions and refer to appropriate person
- Resolve unusual issues that could arise during the business day
- Assist with workflow to ensure Tellers are successful
- Manage and resolve customer concerns
- Verify accuracy of each Teller's cash drawer at end of the day
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements
- Support the Branch Manager with all aspects of branch operations
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.