Retail Banking Careers
Retail Banking Careers
View this job in: Retail & Personal
Are you good with people? Are you a problem-solver? You might enjoy a great career working as Mortgage Officer to help people who want to purchase a home.
As a Mortgage Officer, you’ll determine which sorts of loans are appropriate for your client and how much the client can afford to borrow. You'll act as a go-between got the borrowers/client and the financial institution. An expert Mortgage Officer will work with clients to reach a loan agreement which will work for everyone. If clients are not eligible for the type of mortgage they are applying for, you'll offer alternatives or let them know that they should be seeking a mortgage on a more affordable property. You must be able to balance the desire to sell a mortgage with concerns about the likelihood of repayment of the mortgage.
To get this job you’ll need several years of experience working with loans and at least a high school diploma.
- Meet with applicants to get information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available
- Analyze applicants' financial status and credit to judge what kind of loan fits their situation
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks to locate people who might need loans
- Work with senior managers to set credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.