Retail Banking Careers
Retail Banking Careers
View this job in: Retail & Personal
Do you want to work with people to help make their dreams of homeownership come true? Do you have an eye for detail? Being a Mortgage Processor may be a great role for you.
In this job, you’ll review mortgage applications, run a credit check on the applicant(s), and prepare paperwork needed for mortgage loan processing. You’ll need to do research on the applicant's credit history and other financial information. You may work directly with borrowers, calling them or writing them to let them know about necessary paperwork. You may also forward information requests to a loan officer who works directly with the client. When your part of the mortgage process is finished, you will have a complete package of information which will be reviewed by an underwriter.
To get this job you’ll need a few years of experience in Financial Services. You will also need a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Process home loans following all company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures, standards and regulations in the mortgage industry
- Communicate with loan officers, buyers, sellers, title companies, builder and agents
- Monitor and ensure closing dates and company deadlines are met
- Check that all underwriting conditions are received and cleared by the underwriter and prepare the file for submission to the Closing Department
- Get and review required loan documentation and submit complete loan packages to Underwriting for approval
- Manage a pipeline of loans and maintain timely flow of loans through the process
- Provide excellent customer service by effectively communicating and cooperating with customers and team members
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.