Retail Banking Careers
Retail Banking Careers
Director of Mortgage Lending
View this job in: Retail & Personal
Does leading a team that helps people achieve the American dream of homeownership sound exciting to you? You might make a great Director of Mortgage Lending. In this role, you’ll oversee residential loans and the team that works to make them happen.
You’ll need an extensive understanding of processing, underwriting, closing, and post-closing processes. A vital part of your job is to ensure that loan processing is efficient and accurate. It will be your duty to see that the right documents are in place and comply with all government regulations. You will need to practice excellent communication skills that will make you a great supervisor. Managing your team to make sure the customer has a great experience throughout the life of the loan process is key.
To get this job, you will need at least 10 years of experience working with mortgages. You’ll need to be organized, pay close attention to detail, and use excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Prioritize job/staff responsibilities, provide assignments, meet required deadlines, and develop project plans and/or schedules
- Review legal documents for accuracy and completeness in connection with new purchases
- Provide input on processes, procedures, and/or new approaches
- Coach others in providing great customer service and performing at a consistently high level
- Establish and drive towards overall objectives and long term goals for mortgage lending team
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all purchased mortgage loans documentation
- Remain informed of any a changes in government regulations concerning residential mortgage lending
- Focus on marketing activities and promotional strategies to attract new customers
Next steps for this job
Nearby training and education providers
There are number of institutions in the New York area that offer programs specializing in Financial Service.Learn more about New York trainers and educators.
Ready to see who is hiring?
New York City and the surrounding areas are the worldwide hub for Financial Services.See some of the primary companies in and around New York.
Need help getting a job?
If you need to ask some questions or get some help figuring out how to pursue, a handful of community based organizations are here to help.Find a nearby advising organization.